The website www.martensuniversity.com administrator is Krzysztof Martens, Bridge Master, Bridge Coach, and Bridge books author.
Information We Collect
To fullfil your order, you must provide us with certain information such as your first name, last name, email address, and payment information, and the details of the product that you’re ordering. You may also choose to provide us with additional personal information (for a custom order for example), if you contact us directly.
Depending on the purpose, we may process the following information about you:
- first name and last name,
- shipping address,
- business address,
- tax or vat number
- phone number,
- data contained in correspondence addressed to us,
- bank account number,
- IP address,
- image (profile photo),
- products you watched,
- details of placed orders,
- activity in relation to messages sent as part of the newsletter,
- information about the operating system and the web browser you use,
- viewed subpages,
- time spent on the website,
- transitions between individual subpages,
- clicks on individual links,
- the source from which you go to our website,
- the age range you are in,
- your gender,
- your approximate location limited to the city,
- your interests based on your online activity.
Why We Need Your Information and How We Use It
We rely on a number of legal bases to collect, use, and share your information, including:
- as needed to provide our services, such as when we use your information to fullfil your order, to settle disputes, or to provide customer support;
- when you have provided your affirmative consent, which you may revoke at any time, such as by signing up for our mailing list;
- if necessary to comply with a legal obligation or court order or in connection with a legal claim, such as retaining information about your purchases if required by tax law; and
- as necessary for the purpose of our legitimate interests, if those legitimate interests are not overridden by your rights or interests, such as (a) providing and improving our services. We use your information to provide the services you requested and in our legitimate interest to improve our services; and (b) We use your information as necessary to comply with our obligations.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
Information about our customers is important to my business. I share your personal information for very limited reasons and in limited circumstances, as follows:
- Service providers. We engage certain trusted third parties to perform functions and provide services to our shop, such as delivery companies. We will share your personal information with these third parties, but only to the extent necessary to perform these services.
- Business transfers. If we sell or merge our business, we may disclose your information as part of that transaction, only to the extent permitted by law.
- Compliance with laws. We may collect, use, retain, and share your information if we have a good faith belief that it is reasonably necessary to: (a) respond to legal process or to government requests; (b) enforce my agreements, terms and policies; (c) prevent, investigate, and address fraud and other illegal activity, security, or technical issues; or (d) protect the rights, property, and safety of my customers, or others.
Transfers of Personal Information Outside the EU
We may store and process your information through third-party hosting services in the US and other jurisdictions. As a result, we may transfer your personal information to a jurisdiction with different data protection and government surveillance laws than your jurisdiction. If we are deemed to transfer information about you outside of the EU, we rely on Privacy Shield as the legal basis for the transfer, as Google Cloud is Privacy Shield certified.
If you reside in certain territories, including the EU, you have a number of rights in relation to your personal information. While some of these rights apply generally, certain rights apply only in certain limited cases. I describe these rights below:
1. Access. You may have the right to access and receive a copy of the personal information I hold about you by contacting me using the contact information below.
2. Change, restrict, delete. You may also have rights to change, restrict our use of, or delete your personal information. Absent exceptional circumstances (like where we are required to store data for legal reasons) we will generally delete your personal information upon request.
3. Object. You can object to (i) my processing of some of your information based on our legitimate interests and (ii) receiving marketing messages from us after providing your express consent to receive them. In such cases, we will delete your personal information unless we have compelling and legitimate grounds to continue using that information or if it is needed for legal reasons.
4. Complain. If you reside in the EU and wish to raise a concern about our use of your information (and without prejudice to any other rights you may have), you have the right to do so with your local data protection authority.
How to Contact Us
For purposes of EU data protection law, We, Krzysztof Martens Bridge University, are the data controller of your personal information. If you have any questions or concerns, you may contact us at: email@example.com or call: + 48 502 423 886.